SIPCO Limited ("us", or "we") are the "data controller" in respect of your personal information. This privacy notice sets out the basis on which any of your personal information we collect from you or third parties, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us.
Please read the following carefully to understand our practices regarding your personal information and how it will be treated.
If you are a visitor or exhibitor at one of our events or a subscriber to one of our publications please read the Privacy Notice on the event or publication's website which will sets out the basis on which we will process personal information in those situations.
1. HOW AND WHEN WE COLLECT PERSONAL INFORMATION ABOUT YOU
We collect and process personal information when you:
- visit our website (including when registering on our site or filling in forms on our site, such as when you sign up for updates);
- contact us or request information from us in any other way;
- communicate with us via social networking websites, third party apps or similar technologies; and
- apply for a job directly or through a third party (including recruitment agencies and jobs boards).
We may also collect information about you from third party sources, such as from your use of other websites which we operate and from related third parties such as sub-contractors.
2. WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
We may collect and process the following personal information about you:
We may collect and process the following personal information about you which you provide to us:
- contact details (such as your name, address, email address and telephone number);
- demographic information (such as age and/or other information that may identify you as an individual);
- equal opportunities information (such a ethnicity, disabilities or religion)
- password and other authentication information;
- details of your past employment
- behavioural analysis results;
- responses to job postings; and
- your employment sector preferences
We will collect and store your application history with us including any information collected during previous job applications.
If you contact us with a complaint or query, we may keep a record of any phone number or email address used to call our customer service number as well as the correspondence and the period of time it took for us to deal with a query or any request you had. We may also record your levels of satisfaction with the services we have provided.
When you visit our website, we may also collect information from you automatically, for example using cookies and other similar technologies. A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we may set on your device. This type of information may include the following:
- information about your device, operating system and IP address;
- your login information;
- browser type and version;
- email response tracking; and
- information about your visit, including URL, clickstream (i.e. your journey to, through and from our site), length of visits to certain pages, and page interaction information.
3. PURPOSES FOR PROCESSING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may process your personal information for the following purposes:
- to provide you with the information about products and services you have requested updates for and send you marketing and PR materials;
- to authenticate your access to our website;
- for system administration purposes in relation to our website and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to distinguish you from other users of our website (for example to remember your log-in details);
- to monitor your use of our website to improve the user experience and to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your device;
- to provide customer support and ensure we provide a good level of customer service;
- to tailor our products, services, job opportunities and any marketing or advertising so that it is more relevant to you;
- to notify you of any changes to our services;
- to conduct marketing analysis to allow us to assess trends and the effectiveness of our advertising and marketing campaigns (including using your personal information to evaluate, analyse or predict certain personal aspects relating to you, such as your preferences, economic situation, interests, and/or location);
- if you are filmed, photographed or recorded as part of any onsite activities at one of our events or as part of your interaction with our publication, your image or likeness may be used in organiser promotional material, sponsor, exhibitor and media partner coverage in print, online and on broadcast television;
- for security and fraud prevention;
- to communicate with you via email, mail and telephone about jobs you have applied for;
- to assess your suitability for job roles you have applied for or that we wish to offer you;
- to ensure that our website is safe and secure; and
- to comply with applicable laws and regulations.
We may also match personal information that you provide to us directly with other information about you obtained from or held by third party sources (such as social media platforms and agencies). This may include your contact details, demographic data, your social media interactions, preferences, employment history, interests, geographic location, age or age range, gender, language and nationality. We may use this personal information to tailor and show job advertisements more relevant to you either on our website or on third party websites (including social media platforms) or via other communication channels.
4. LEGAL BASIS FOR PROCESSING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will only process your personal information where we have a legal basis to do so. The legal basis will depend on the purposes for which we have collected and use your personal information. In almost every case the legal basis will be one of the following:
- Consent: For example, where you have provided your consent to receive certain marketing from us. You can withdraw your consent at any time by emailing email@example.com
- The legitimate business interests of SIPCO: Where it is necessary for us to understand our customers, promote our services and operate effectively as a Marketing & PR, publishing and events company, provided in each case that this is done in a legitimate way which does not unduly affect your privacy and other rights.
For example we will rely on this legal basis when we conduct analysis of our recruitment campaigns to improve their efficacy.
- Performance or negotiation of a contract with you: For example, where you have applied for a job opportunity at SIPCO and we wish to invite you to an interview.
- Compliance with law: Where we are subject to a legal obligation and need to use your personal information in order to comply with that obligation.
5. WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will take steps which are reasonably necessary to ensure that adequate safeguards are in place to protect your personal information and to make sure it is treated securely and in accordance with this Privacy Notice.
6. HOW WE KEEP YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We take steps to ensure that the personal information that you provide is retained for only as long as it is necessary for the purpose for which it was collected. After this period it will be deleted or in some cases anonymised.
Where we have collected the personal information based on your consent and we have no other lawful basis to continue with that processing, if you subsequently withdraw your consent then we will flag your record as unsubscribe, but keep your record to use for suppression from future direct marketing unless you specifically tell us not to.
7. SECURITY AND PASSWORDS
You must keep your password and any other authentication information for our website confidential. If you know or suspect that anyone other than you knows your password or any other authentication information, you must promptly notify us using the contact details below.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your information transmitted during your use of our website.
8. DISCLOSING YOUR INFORMATION
We may share your personal information with our suppliers, business partners and service providers, where they are helping us with the recruitment process.
We may disclose your personal information to other third parties in the following cases:
- for the purposes of research, evaluation, and analysis;
- in the event that we sell any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal information to the prospective buyer of such business or assets
- if we or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal information held by us about our customers and visitors to our websites will be one of the transferred assets;
- if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal information in order to comply with any legal or regulatory obligation or request; and
- to protect the rights, property or safety of us or our users, or others, and in order to enforce or apply our terms and conditions (this includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction);
Where information is provided directly to a third party such as a recruitment agency, rather than directly to us, it is the responsibility of that third party to handle your personal information in accordance with data protection regulations. You will be bound by that third party's privacy statement.
9. YOUR RIGHTS
You have certain rights in relation to your personal information. These include: the right to object to the processing of your information for certain purposes, the right to access your personal information, and the ability to erase, restrict or receive a machine-readable copy of your personal information.
We will handle any request to exercise your rights in accordance with applicable law and any relevant legal exemptions. If you wish to exercise any of these rights please conduct us using the contact details below.
You may also have the right to complain to a data protection authority if you think we have processed your personal information in a manner which is unlawful or breaches your rights. If you have such concerns we request that you initially contact us (using the contact details below) so that we can investigate, and hopefully resolve, your concerns.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from third party websites such as our business partners and advertisers. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy notices and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for them. Please check any such third party privacy before you submit any personal information to these websites.
10. CHANGES TO THIS PRIVACY NOTICE
We may change this privacy notice at any time. The new privacy notice will be displayed on our website. The date this privacy noticed was last updated appears at the bottom.
11. CONTACT US
Questions and comments regarding this privacy notice should be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org or alternatively phone: 0151 424 5346
This Privacy Notice was last updated on 17/12/2018.